10 sheets of wavy lasagna
½ yellow onion, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb lean ground beef
4 cups canned tomato puree
2 quarts beef broth
1 bag baby spinach
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup grated Parmigiano
2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
1. Break lasagna sheets in 5 pieces each, set aside.
2. In a soup pot, sauté onion with oil over medium heat until translucent, about five minutes. Add garlic, sauté one more minute.
3. Add ground beef and brown over high heat, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in broth and tomato puree, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil.
5. Add lasagna, gently cooking on a simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and let rest for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese with Parmigiano, seasoning with salt and pepper.