Pumpkin in your coffee, pumpkin in your beer, pumpkin in your pastries…and now, pumpkin in your pasta sauce.
1 box mostaccioli
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 ½ cup chicken broth
5 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
2/3 cup bacon, rendered and crumbled
10 Brussel sprouts (cores removed, leaves only)
2 tbs balsamic reduction (place 4 tbs of balsamic vinegar in a small pan and reduce to half over medium heat)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Turn on the oven to 400°F degrees.
2. Rub the leaves of the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven until slightly crispy, about 10 minutes.
3. Place a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to directions.
4. Meanwhile, bring the pumpkin puree to boil with the stock, season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
6. Fold in Brussels sprout leaves and crispy bacon. Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.