Pasta With Pancetta Cream Sauce
Loads of creamy, pancetta-y goodness. Less than 450 calories per serving.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 box penne
5 ounces pancetta, diced
2 tablespoons shallot, minced
6 cups kale, chopped
6 ounces dry white wine
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups heated nonfat milk
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
1. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add pancetta and sauté for 4 minutes.
2. Add shallot and kale and cook for 4 minutes, add wine and cook until reduced by half, remove pan from heat.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
4. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat then add flour and cook for 3 minutes whisking continuously.
5. Using ¼ cup at a time, add milk while continuing to stir then remove from heat.
6. Stir in bacon mixture and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
7. Toss pasta with sauce in a large mixing bowl.
8. Garnish with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 422.2 Fat: 13.8g Carb: 54.9g Protein: 16.6g