Roasted Root Vegetables Turmeric Kaffir Lime Yogurt Mint Chutney with Toasted Cashews
Roasted Root Vegetables, Turmeric Kaffir Lime Yogurt, Mint Chutney with Toasted Cashews
Mint chutney and kaffir lime yogurt make this veggie-friendly dish absolutely decadent.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 box elbows
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup carrots, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
1 cup parsnips, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
1 cup turnips, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
1 cup rutabagas peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
Zest of two kaffir limes
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Serrano pepper stem removed
3 tablespoons dates
3 green onions, chopped
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup toasted cashews, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, carrots, parsnips, turnips and rutabagas, kosher salt and black pepper.
3. Toss well to coat evenly and place on a baking sheet.
4. Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft and golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
6. While vegetables are roasting, make the mint chutney.
7. In a food processor, combine mint, cilantro, olive oil, Serrano pepper, date and green onions.. Pulse until items are completely blended.
8. When vegetables are finished in the oven toss them with pasta.
9. Add yogurt, lime zest, turmeric and mint chutney. Toss well and adjust seasoning as necessary.
10. Divide into eight bowls and top with toasted cashews.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 524.5 Total Fat: 8.4g Total Carb: 94.2g Protein: 18.1g