Pasta for breakfast is so hot right now—try it for yourself at home.
1 box spaghetti
8 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tbs chopped shallot
2 bags baby spinach
1 container domestic mushrooms
5 organic eggs
½ cup grated Parmigiano
1 tsp dry oregano
Red hot sauce, to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, sauté shallot over medium heat with olive oil, then add mushrooms.
3. Turn the heat to high and cook until slightly browned, add spinach and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In boiling water, cook pasta. Drain two minutes before the recommended time, reserving some water.
5. Toss pasta with cooking liquid and spinach mushrooms mixture over high heat for two minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in cheese.
7. In a very hot pan fry the egg until crispy with the remaining oil, season with salt and dried oregano.
8. Portion pasta on the dishes, serve with egg over the top and red hot sauce, if desired.