Ditalini Pasta Salad Recipe with Nduja, Octopus and Multi-Color Cherry Tomatoes
Need some seafood inspiration? Look no further than this ditalini pasta recipe! This octopus and nduja pasta is packed with flavor. Try it for a new dinner idea or to impress at a dinner party.Ingredients
1 box Ditalini pasta
1 cup Nduja
2 pounds octopus
2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved
2 lemons, juiced
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ cup basil leaves, torn
1. Boil octopus in salted water with ¾ onion for approximately 35 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool down in its own broth, about 2 hours. Strain octopus and cut in ½ inch long pieces.
2. Cook pasta according to box directions, drain one minute earlier, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and let cool down to room temperature flat on a sheet pan.
3. In a hot skillet sear the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a separate skillet gently dissolve Nduja with remaining extra virgin olive oil. Add octopus and sauté together for one minute.
5. Stir in Ditalini, lemon juice, tomatoes and fresh basil before serving.
Octopus and nduja are so hot right now. Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni https://www.instagram.com/cheflorenzoboni