Orzo-Stuffed Peppers RecipeMeet your new go-to summer vegetarian recipe, pasta stuffed peppers! These poblano peppers are stuffed with orzo pasta to keep you satisfied. Perfect for a lunch idea or a flavorful dinner, share this tasty recipe with anyone who enjoys a little spice in their life.
½ box Orzo
4 ears corn
1-15 ounce can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup diced onions
1 zucchini ¼ inch dice, approximately 2 cups
1 bunch of cilantro (approximately one cup), roughly chopped
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
8 whole poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeds removed*
¼ cup low-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Grill corn on hot grill until charred.
2. Remove corn from cob and place in bowl.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and mix with corn.
4. Add black beans to pasta and corn.
5. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over high heat and add garlic and onions, sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add zucchini, sauté for one minute and add mixture to bowl.
7. Add cilantro and jack cheese to bowl and mix all ingredients until well combined.
8. Slice each poblano from stem to tip.
9. Fill with half of black bean orzo mixture.
10. Place the other half of mixture in bottom of microwave proof dish, top with stuffed Poblano.
11. Microwave for 3 minutes.
12. Serve with low-fat sour cream and chopped cilantro.
*Note: To roast poblano peppers, place on tray and broil until inside flesh becomes very soft and skin has large char marks (approximately 6-10 minutes). Turn peppers over every few minutes to ensure even cooking.Photo Credit: Lou Manna http://loumanna.com/
Food Stylist: Diane Vezza http://www.dianevezza.com/"