Orzo Chocolate FlanThis pasta dessert will impress guests and taste buds alike.
Orzo Chocolate Flan
2 ¾ cup whole milk
½ cup orzo pasta
3 ½ oz. dark chocolate
6 tbs. sugar
1 egg, divided
1 roll phyllo dough
Dark chocolate sauce for topping
1. Bring milk to boil, add orzo and simmer until pasta is thoroughly cooked and mixture starts to thicken up.
2. Stir in 2 tbs. sugar and chocolate, dissolve and cool down to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Whip up egg yolk with 1 tbs. sugar and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the egg white with the remaining sugar and then stir in, along with yolk, into the chocolate/pasta mixture.
5. Line a 12-muffin pan with a sheet of phyllo dough.
6. In each opening, fill with chocolate/pasta mixture and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
7. Let cool for five minutes and then top with chocolate sauce before serving.
Photo and Recpe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni