Rigatoni Carbonara Recipe with Calabrian Chili Sauce
The bold and spicy flavors of Italy, right at your dinner table. Try this new take on a classic favorite! Carbonara is re-invented with rigatoni pasta and Calabrian chili sauce. Perfect to impress at a dinner party or just for yourself, this spicy pasta will keep everyone coming back for more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 box of rigatoni pasta
1 jar tomato and basil sauce
4 Calabrian chiles in oil, minced
2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into ¼-inch strips
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add jar of tomato and basil sauce, Calabrian Chilies and oregano, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving ½ cup of pasta water and keep pasta hot.
- Beat eggs, Parmesan (reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish) and black pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add pasta to bacon and garlic.
- Gently stir in egg mixture. Add pasta water as needed.
- Place tomato sauce down on plate, top with pasta.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and remaining grated Parmesan, if desired.