Fideo Cut Spaghetti Frittata Recipe
Best part of making a frittata? Its simple, one-pan technique. The second best part? Making it with fresh eggs and tiny fideo cut spaghetti noodles.
Combine traditional breakfast vegetables with al dente fideo cut spaghetti, goat cheese, eggs, and broil to a tender crispness. Who knew pasta noodles could be so versatile? Good thing you can rely on our passion for pasta recipes to show you the way to great breakfast ideas!
Did we mention this was a quick pasta dish? Good morning!
Fideo Frittata Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 box fideo cut spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 red and orange bell peppers, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced, approximately 1 cup
4 cups baby spinach
8 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat boiler.
- Cook short spaghetti pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-ich oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions and sauté until tender-crisp
- Add spinach and wilt.
- Add in fideo pasta and stir well to combine ingredients.
- Lower heat and stir eggs, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Do not scramble but allow eggs to set, picking up edges gently to allow raw egg run down to pan and cook.
- When almost set, add dollops of goat cheese on top of frittata and place under broiler.
- Broil until eggs are set.
- Can serve immediately or allow to cool and serve.