Grilled Chicken Linguine Recipe with Grilled Spring Onions
Chicken linguine, grilled to perfection alongside spring onions. Take your home cooking to a new level with this simple and healthy pasta dish.
This pasta recipe calls for plenty of spring flavor. The sear of the grilled chicken, the al dente bite of the linguine noodles, the sweet heat of the onions. What's not to love? Try this dinner idea and you'll thank us later!
Rustic Grilled Chicken Linguine with Grilled Spring Onions
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 box of Barilla Linguine
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 spring onions (can substitute for green onions)
4 ancho chilies, stem and seeds removed, soaked in 2 cups hot water for 10 minutes
1- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 tablespoon of fresh Mexican oregano
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons lime juice
1. Place all marinade ingredients in blender, and puree until smooth.
2. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
3. Place ½ marinade mixture in bowl with chicken breasts and toss to coat.
4. Marinade chicken for 30 minutes.
5. Place chicken on grill for 2-3 minutes. Rotate ¼ turn on same side and grill 2-3 more minutes.
6. Turn chicken over and grill for 2-3 minutes. Rotate ¼ turn on same side and grill 2-3 more minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°.
7. While chicken is grilling, place green onions on grill and grill for 1 minute on each side, remove and keep warm.
8. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes and then thinly slice.
9. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
10. Place pasta, pasta water, chicken and rest of marinade in saucepan over medium heat and warm through.
11. Divide amongst 8 plates and add ¼ inch sliced spring onions to garnish.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna, Food Stylist: Diane Vezza