Smoked Salmon Pasta with Chipotle Cream CheeseThis Latin fusion salmon pasta recipe will dazzle your taste buds. Smoky, indulgent salmon coupled with delicately spicy chipotle cream cheese will not only satisfy your hunger, but will tantalize your palate with complex flavors all bound together with perfectly al dente elbow pasta noodles. Indulge in dinner tonight with this unique meal idea.
If smoked salmon pasta isn't for you, there are plenty of other seafood pasta recipes here on the Barilla site! Explore them all and choose your favorite. We're pretty sure you'll dig this recipe, though, so be sure to try it out before you look elsewhere!
Smoked Salmon Pasta with Chipotle Cream CheeseIngredients
1 box Barilla Elbows pastaFor sauce:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ white onion chopped
1 small garlic clove finely chopped
1/3 cup milk 4 tablespoons cream cheese
1 teaspoon chipotle
Salt (to taste)
Chopped smoked salmon
Scallions for garnish
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste. Add elbow noodles to boiling water.
2. For authentic “al dente” pasta boil for 7minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and the garlic.
4. Stir in the milk and gradually stir in the cream cheese until the cheesy pasta sauce is smooth and even.
5. Add the chipotle and salt to taste.
6. Toss in the smoked salmon and mix with the elbow macaroni pasta. Serve and garnish with scallions.
Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez (https://www.instagram.com/chefsantiagogomez/)