Slow Cooker Braised Pork Shoulder Soup with DitaliniSettle into slow-cooker season with this savory pork shoulder pasta soup recipe. Ample amounts of ditalini pasta, tomatoes, Chianti, and beef broth cook down with the pork shoulder to create homemade heaven in a crock pot.
Slow cook these flavors together for hours. We promise it's worth it, especially to taste the ditalini, or little thimbles, enhanced by the fragrant ingredients alongside the pork itself. Yum! Bring on sweater weather!
Slow Cooker Braised Pork Shoulder Soup with DitaliniPrep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 hours
½ box ditalini pasta noodles
2 18-oz.cans Italian-style tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary
2 slivers of lemon zest
2 cups beef broth
1/3 cup Chianti wine
1½ pounds pork shoulder, fat trimmed and medium-diced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (Optional)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup shredded Parmagiano
1. In a crock pot, combine all the ingredients except for the ditalini pasta and parsley.
2. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
3. Once the soup is cooked, remove the rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ditalini according to the package directions, drain and add to the soup. Garnish with fresh parsley.
5. Optional: Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with shredded cheese before serving.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Lorenzo Boni (https://www.instagram.com/cheflorenzoboni/)