Black Bean Fideo Spaghetti Tacos Recipe
Spaghetti pasta as a taco filling? You bet. Italy and Mexico collide in the most delicious way possible in this recipe for tacos filled with black beans, fideo cut spaghetti, chorizo, avocado, radishes and queso fresco. Spice up your next game day gathering with this fun and tasty pasta recipe for fusion tacos that play on your passion for pasta.
1 box fideo cut spaghetti
6 corn tortillas
1 can black beans
1 smoked chipotle pepper
½ pound precooked Mexican chorizo
½ cup Mexican cream (crema)
1 cup queso fresco
1 Mexican avocado
2 radishes, sliced
½ cup cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1. Puree the black beans in a blender, adding a little water, smoked chipotle and salt. Set aside.
2. Add oil to pan and gently fry the pasta until golden brown, then strain the pasta.
3. Return the pasta to the pan and add the black bean broth. Cook for around 12 to 15 minutes, until the pasta soaks the black bean broth – then add the chopped chorizo.
4. To assemble tacos, put the black “fideo seco” on top of the tortilla, add Mexican cream, and queso fresco.
5. To finish, top with one slice of avocado, fresh cilantro and a couple radish slices. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez