Orecchiette with Squash, Prosciutto & Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Infuse your next dinner party with authentic Italian class and fare with this incredible pasta dish developed by Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni. Savory prosciutto complements the nutty butternut squash in this sumptuous recipe featuring Barilla's Collezione Orecchiette pasta. Made from the finest ingredients, this Italian pasta will give you the perfect al dente bite and pair wonderfully with this aged balsamic vinegar pasta sauce.
Barilla Collezione Orecchiette with Butternut Squash, Sage, Crispy Prosciutto & 12-Year-Old Balsamic Vinegar “Tradizionale”Ingredients
1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
1 medium butternut squash, ½ inch diced
3 sage leaves, sliced
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup prosciutto
1 cup balsamic vinegar “Tradizionale”
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion with remaining olive oil and sage for about 3 minutes. Add butternut squash and cook thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Set aside until cold.
3. Combine al dente pasta, cheese and the butternut squash mixture.
4. In a skillet, render prosciutto until crispy, then top the orecchiette pasta with it.
5. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Photo Credit: Yumi Matsuo