Gemelli Pasta Recipe Ginger Harissa Grilled Chicken
North African flavors collide with gemelli pasta and deliver an out-of-this-world taste experience in this unique and adventurous fusion pasta recipe. Harissa, a Tunisian hot chili paste made with roasted red peppers, Baklouti pepper, serrano peppers and other spices, gets an added boost of woody flavor from ginger. The result is spice seasoned gemelli recipe perfect for pairing with grilled chicken guaranteed to inspire you to further fusion pasta experimentation.
Ginger Harissa Chicken Gemelli
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
6 green onions, roughly chopped
4 jalapeño peppers, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons cumin seed, toasted
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro
1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
1 box (1 lb.) Barilla® Gemelli
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
8 green onions, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
1. Ginger Harissa: Combine ingredients in food processor. Pulse until mixture becomes a rough paste. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
2. Heat grill to high. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Return to pot. Add half the Ginger Harissa; mix well. Set aside.
3. Chicken: Coat chicken on all sides with remaining Ginger Harissa. Grill 4 min. on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning occasionally to prevent burning.
4. Toss onions with oil, salt and pepper. Grill 1 minute on each side.
5. Reheat gemelli pasta mixture on low heat, if desired. Transfer to serving platter. Top with grilled chicken, onions and yogurt.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna