Farfalle Pasta Salad Recipe with Grilled Coriander and Cumin-Marinated Beef Skewers
Grilled beef tenderloin skewers and farfalle pasta are coated in delectable Middle Eastern flavors in this fresh and flavorful pasta salad recipe. Enjoy this tasty fusion pasta dish all year round as the spice blend will warm you in winter while the bow tie pasta will refresh you in summer.
Grilled Coriander & Cumin-Marinated Beef Skewers over Farfalle Pasta SaladServes: 8
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1-1/2 lb. beef tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 box (1 lb.) Barilla® Farfalle pasta
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 Persian cucumbers, sliced ¼-inch thick
¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon sumac
1. Combine beef, oil and spices in large bowl. Let stand 20 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat grill to high. Meanwhile, cook bow tie pasta as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
3. Combine farfalle pasta and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Mix well. Season to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
4. Thread meat onto 8 skewers. Grill 4 minutes, turning every minute, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
5. Spoon pasta salad onto serving platter. Top with skewers.
Chef’s Tip: To prevent burning, if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
Ingredient Tip: Sumac is a powdered Middle Eastern spice with a slightly sour and fruity taste. Find it in the spice aisle of larger grocery stores or specialty markets.