Rigatoni Pasta Recipe with Winter Vegetables
Adding a wide array of winter veggies to a pot of your favorite pasta shape is a quick and easy way to make a satisfying and nutritious meal. Watch Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni quickly pull together this tasty rigatoni recipe loaded with broccoli, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, cauliflower and baby kale. It's an earthy pasta recipe that'll keep you warm all winter long and really bring out the delicious texture of the al dente rigatoni.
Rigatoni with Winter Vegetables
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
12 Brussels sprouts
2 artichokes, quartered
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 cups baby kale
salt and pepper to taste
1 box Barilla Rigatoni
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic with half the extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add the vegetables and sauté over high heat for several minutes.
4. Add a bit of rigatoni cooking water, salt and pepper half way through.
5. Drain al dente pasta and toss with veggies over high heat.
6. Turn off fire, stir in cheese and remaining olive oil.