Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe with Tofu-Mushroom Vegan Bolognese
In addition to being tasty, this plant-based wavy lasagna is loaded with health benefits. The hearty vegan Bolognese is high in fiber, low in saturated fat and packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. In fact, there is sound medical research suggesting a plant-based diet contributes to longevity and good health. What's more, the hearty semolina lasagna sheets from Barilla which are the base for the whole pasta bake promise to fill you up and keep you fuller longer with their relatively low glycemic index.
Drumroll… meet your new meatless-Monday favorite: Wavy Lasagna with Mushroom Tofu Vegan Bolognese! Try this and other vegetarian recipes from the passionate pasta people at Barilla and reap the health benefits!
Wavy Lasagna with Mushroom Tofu BologneseIngredients
1 Box wavy lasagne
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 stalk of celery, ground
2 medium carrot, ground
1medium yellow onion, ground
24 oz. domestic mushrooms, ground
1lb firm tofu, diced
½ cup white wine, dry
3 tbs. tomato paste
¼ cup almond flour, lightly toasted
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté celery, carrots, and onion with oil until nice and golden, about 15 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms and tofu and brown, about 10 minutes, stir in wine and evaporate well.
3. Add tomato paste, 1 ½ cup of water and bring to boil, season with salt and black pepper. Reduce water over medium heat. Meanwhile cook lasagna sheets according to directions, drain and cool down.
4. Spread ¼ sauce on the bottom of a oiled 13 x 9 baking pan, cover with 4 lasagna noodles, add ¼ sauce, repeat two more times.
5. Bake lasagne in the oven at 400F for 25 min, sprinkle almond flour and bake few more minutes until slightly brown.
6. Let sit 10 minutes before serving
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni