Bucatini all‘Amatriciana Recipe
The classic Amatriciana sauce used in this bucatini recipe gets its bold flavor from black pepper, tomatoes and guanciale, which is Italian salt-cured pork jowl. Couple these unique flavors with freshness, and you've got a pasta recipe that will amaze!
Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni cooks with fresh ingredients to get the maximum flavor out of his pasta recipes. This al dente bucatini pasta with Amatriciana sauce benefits from freshness, and your palate will notice the difference.
1 box Barilla Collezione bucatini
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
½ cup white wine
3 cups peeled tomatoes, crushed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
¾ cup Romano cheese, grated
1. Place a pot of water to boil; cook bucatini according to directions.
2. Meanwhile in a skillet render guanciale with 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil until slightly crispy, remove guanciale and set aside.
3. Add wine to the skillet, reduce to half, add crushed tomatoes, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to boil.
4. Stir guanciale back in.
5. Drain bucatini pasta a little undercooked reserving ½ cup of water, toss everything together on high heat.
6. Serve with generous amount of Romano cheese.