Gluten Free Cinco de Mayo Recipe: Rotini Pasta Bowl with Chicken
Looking for the perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe to serve up this weekend? The iconic flavors and textures of Mexico and Italy come together beautifully in this gluten free rotini pasta bowl with chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, mozzarella, salsa verde and cilantro. Earthy, and as spicy as you want to make it, this gluten free main dish will shine among the various chips, dips and more at your next fiesta.
As luck would have it, this fusion pasta recipe pairs well with margaritas. Party responsibly and pasta passionately!
Gluten Free Mexican Rotini Pasta BowlServings: 4
½ box Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini
2 cans low sodium black beans
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 ripe avocados, cubed
1 cilantro fist, chopped
2 cups organic yellow corn
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 can homemade Salsa Verde
1 small bag Crushed tortilla chips to garnish on top
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the gluten free rotini and oil and cook as directed on the box. stirring occasionally.
2. While the rotini is cooking, shred the chicken and reserve.
3. Chop avocado and cilantro and reserve. Drain beans and reserve.
4. Once pasta is ready let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Serve in a soup bowl placing 1 cup of gluten free pasta on the bottom and top with all the ingredients, leaving the crushed tortilla chips until the end.
6. Bring to the table with the salsa verde on the side so each person can choose how spicy they like it.
7. ¡Buen provecho!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Santiago Gomez