No-Bake Lasagna Recipe with Prosciutto, Vidalia Onions and Mint
Take the casserole out of your lasagna with this unique pasta recipe. Breaking wavy lasagna sheets apart before boiling them opens endless opportunities to create new dishes like this one, which pairs wavy lasagna pieces with prosciutto di Parma, cherry tomatoes, mint, Vidalia onions and Parmigiano cheese. While we're not sure you or anyone else could ever give up a delicious baked lasagna, this no-bake lasagna with prosciutto is a welcome change of pace that packs plenty of flavor!
Wavy Lasagna with Cherry Tomatoes, Prosciutto Di Parma, Vidalia Onion Mint and ParmigianoIngredients
1 box Lasagna sheets
1 Vidalia onion, julienned
3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup prosciutto
1/3 cup white wine
½ cup Parmigiano
Black pepper, to taste
Mint leaves, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, break a box of wavy lasagna sheets into uneven pieces and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté one Vidalia onion julienne with 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil until slightly caramelized.
3. Add 1 pint of cherry tomatoes and 1 cup of Prosciutto julienned, sauté for two minutes over high heat.
4. Deglaze with 1/3 cup white wine and reduce.
5. Stir in lasagna pasta, season with black pepper and ½ cup Parmigiano and garnish with a few freshly sliced milt leaves.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni