Mezzi Rigatoni Shrimp Recipe with Clams & Green Pea Sauce
Spring is in the air, which means it's time to bring out bright and beautiful dishes. Clams and colorful vegetables elevate this mezzi rigatoni pasta recipe and turn it into a delectable work of art.
Mezzi Rigatoni with Clams, Shrimp, Plum Tomatoes and Green Pea SauceIngredients
1 box Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
25 pasta clams, steamed with ½ cup of dry white wine. Reserve the jus
1 lb, Ripe plum tomatoes, blanched and diced
½ lb shrimp, deveined
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs. parsley
Salt and black pepper, to taste
½ small yellow onion
1 cup green peas, thawed
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil and cook rigatoni pasta according to directions
2. Sauté chopped garlic in 2 tbs of the extra virgin olive oil
3. Add plum tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
4. Steam clams with ½ cup of dry white wine, transfer to pan and simmer for one minute
5. Meanwhile in a separate pan, sweat the onion with 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil; stir in peas and a bit of pasta water.
6. Simmer one minute, season with salt and pepper and process in the blender at high speed, making sure to pulse a few times at the beginning
7. Toss rigatoni with the pasta sauce, clams, shrimp and parsley
8. Pour green pea sauce on the bottom of the plate, arrange mezzi rigatoni pasta in the center of the sauce and drizzle with remaining extra virgin olive oil before serving
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni