Thick Spaghetti with Steamed Lobster and Marsala Wine Sauce Recipe
Looking to channel your inner chef and impress Dad? Steamed lobster, bathed in a Marsala wine sauce and tossed with al dente Barilla® Thick Spaghetti, makes for a seriously decadent pasta and seafood dish.
Thick Spaghetti with Lobster & Marsala Wine Sauce
1 box thick spaghetti
1½ pounds lobster
½ cup celery, diced
½ cup carrots, diced
½ cup onions, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 cup Marsala wine
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Steam the lobster; remove meat and, cut it in dices; save the head and the shell.
- Sauté diced carrots, celery, garlic and onion with half the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add shells and brown for ten minutes.
- Next, add flour, tomato paste, and cook one-minute stirring continuously.
- Deglaze with Marsala, reduce to half, and cover with water, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes then strain through a chinois or sieve; discard shells and keep broth.
- Bring a large pot of pasta to a boil; cook pasta according to directions, draining 4 minutes prior; reserving some cooking water.
- Meanwhile, bring lobster broth to hard boil, stir in spaghetti and finish over high heat, adding cooking water if needed.
- Stir in lobster, add parsley and finish with remaining olive oil before serving.