Barilla Protein+™ Penne Recipe with Pesto, Charred Cauliflower, Pine Nuts and Crispy Bacon
In this mouthwatering penne pasta dish, charred cauliflower, toasted pine nuts and crispy bacon provide the perfect contrast to the texture of creamy pesto. And, as an added bonus, Barilla’s Protein+™ penne gives this delicious dish a nutritious boost.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Yury Krasilovsky
1 box Barilla Protein+™ Penne
1 jar Barilla Pesto
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups cauliflower florets
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
½ cup bacon, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the cauliflower over medium-high heat until it is slightly golden in color.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, but before draining, reserve a ½ cup of the cooking water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the charred cauliflower, pesto and ½ cup of cooking water.
- Once everything is well-combined, serve, garnished with pine nuts and crispy bacon.