Rigatoni Pasta Recipe with Pancetta and Summer TrufflesPro Tip: Choose taste and texture over appearance when cooking. Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni recommends peeling the skin off of summer truffles before cooking with them — while the skin may look appetizing, it has a sandy texture that doesn’t complement pasta. Summer truffles are the perfect addition to this rigatoni dish with pancetta. Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Rigatoni with Pancetta and Summer TrufflesIngredients
1 box Barilla rigatoni
1 cup pancetta, julienned (fairly thick)
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. truffle butter
2/3 cup Parmigiano grated
TT summer truffles, shaved
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
2. Meanwhile, sweat pancetta with extra-virgin olive oil
3. Stir in summer truffles and sauté ½ minute
4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with pancetta and 1/3 cup of reserved cooking water.
5. Stir in truffle butter, Parmigiano and garnish with summer truffles before serving.
Pro tip: Peel the skin off of the summer truffles to avoid the sandy texture.