Risotto-style Ditalini Pasta Recipe with Peas and Parmigiano CheeseSwitch things up in your kitchen tonight with this risotto-style ditalini pasta dish. Simply cook the ditalini in a skillet with sautéed yellow onions, then deglaze with white wine and cook everything to perfection in a rich broth with spring peas. Finish this feast off with a healthy sprinkling of grated Parmigiano cheese, a little butter and a garnish of pea sprouts, and, dinner is served! Photo and Recipe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Risotto-style Ditalini with Peas and Parmigiano CheeseIngredients
½ box ditalini pasta
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups peas, defrosted
½ cup white wine
5 cups vegetable broth
1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
Pea Sprouts, to taste (optional)
1. Bring one small pot of vegetable broth to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, sauté chopped onions with extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet for two minutes.
3. Next, season with salt, add peas and wine, and then reduce over high heat.
4. Add ditalini pasta and cover with 4 cups of boiling broth; cook over medium-high heat, stirring continuously.
5. If needed, add more broth to cook the pasta fully, ensuring that the liquid is completely reduced once the pasta is finished cooking.
6. Once cooked, turn off the heat and then stir in butter, cheese and parsley before serving.