Spaghetti with Marzano Tomato Sauce, Garlic & Romano CheeseDelicious dinners don't need to be complicated. One of the best things about pasta is that a tasty and nutritious meal is just a few simple ingredients away. Take, for example, this easy-to-make spaghetti dish, which requires nothing more than San Marzano canned tomatoes, a good, aromatic Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil and a hint of garlic, fresh oregano and Pecorino Romano cheese. Photo and Recipe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Spaghetti with Marzano Tomato Sauce, Garlic, Oregano and Romano CheeseIngredients
1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes
½ cup Romano cheese, grated
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil with chopped garlic for one minute.
3. Then, add oregano and red pepper flakes and sauté for one minute.
4. Next, add tomatoes and season with sea salt; let simmer for five minutes.
5. Drain pasta and toss with tomato sauce.
6. Stir in majority of grated Romano cheese.
7. Drizzle remaining olive oil and grated cheese on top before serving.