Spaghetti with Mussels, Clams, Shrimp, Artichokes & BottargaSeafood abounds in this decadent spaghetti dish from Sardinia, Italy. Mussels, clams, shrimp and artichokes make a Mediterranean feast and a final garnish of grated bottarga adds a hint of salty, briny flavor that will transport your taste buds directly to the coast of Italy. Photo and Recipe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Spaghetti Recipe with Mussels, Clams, Shrimp, Artichokes and BottargaIngredients
1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
1 lb. mussels, cleaned and steamed, liquid reserved
1 lb. clams, cleaned and steamed, liquid reserved
1 lb. medium shrimp, shell off, cut lengthwise
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 artichokes, cleaned and wedged
4 tbsp. mullet bottarga, grated
1 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
Salt, to taste
1. Clean and steam mussels and clams, reserving leftover cooking liquid for later.
2. Bing one large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic with 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil for one minute.
4. Next, add artichokes and sauté over medium heat, until slightly brown and thoroughly cooked.
5. Once cooked, add shrimp (cook for one minute) and deglaze with liquid from the shells; bring to a simmer.
6. Drain pasta and toss with artichoke mixture, mussels and clams.
7. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil and top with chopped parsley and grated bottarga before serving.