Thin Spaghetti with Prosciutto, Arugula & Sauteed ShallotsThis delectable spaghetti dish hails from the Emilia-Romagna region in Northeastern Italy and can be made with just a few fresh ingredients. Shallots sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, prosciutto di Parma, fresh wild arugula, cherry tomatoes and Parmigiano cheese make for a perfect collision of flavors and textures — and thin spaghetti provides the perfect base. Photo and Recipe Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
Thin Spaghetti Recipe with Prosciutto, Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula and Sauteed ShallotsIngredients
1 box Barilla® Thin Spaghetti
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 shallot, minced
1 cup prosciutto, julienned
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cups arugula, roughly chopped
½ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions, reserving and setting aside 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, sauté the minced shallot with 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil for two minutes. Then, add prosciutto and cook over medium heat for two additional minutes.
3. Next, deglaze with wine, add tomatoes and arugula and cook until wilted (about 2 minutes over high heat).
4. Drain pasta and toss with sauce and 1/3 cup of reserved cooking water you set aside.
5. Top with grated Parmigiano cheese before serving.