Barilla Rigatoni Al Pastor Pasta RecipeNational Hispanic Heritage Month begins on September 15th and this simple rigatoni dish is sweet and spicy, and the perfect way to kick things off in your kitchen. al pastor sauce and guajillo chiles bring the heat, while pineapple offsets it with perfect, juicy sweetness. Photo and Recipe credit: Chef Santiago Gomez
Barilla Rigatoni Al PastorServings: 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
1 box of Barilla Rigatoni, uncooked
1 white onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
5 guajillo chiles, seedless
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
½ cup of pineapple juice
2 tablespoons of butter
½ cup of pineapple, diced
2 tablespoons of spring onions
2 tablespoons of micro cilantro or chopped regular cilantro
1. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
2. Add pasta to boiling water – for authentic “al dente” pasta boil for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Set pasta aside.
3. For the Pastor sauce, heat a pan with the butter. Add the white onion and garlic cloves and cook until golden brown.
4. Add the guajillo chiles and cover with the pineapple juice and white vinegar. Cook for 5 minutes and mix.
5. Add salt to taste. Mix the Pastor sauce with the pasta.
6. Finish with the diced Pineapple, spring onions and cilantro and enjoy!