Angel Hair Vegetarian Pasta Recipe with Plant-Based Ground Beef
If you’re trying to cut down on the amount of red meat you consume, try swapping the ground beef in your favorite pasta recipes with a healthy plant-based meat alternative. This angel hair pasta dish with plant-based ground beef, heirloom carrots and sliced leeks is a plant-based food lover’s dream.
1 box Barilla® Angel Hair
4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 leek, sliced
1 lb. multicolored organic carrots, thinly sliced
13 oz. plant-based ground beef
½ cup dry white wine
1 tbs. thyme
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté the sliced leek with half the olive oil for three minutes. Then, add the plant-based ground beef and sauté for five minutes over high heat until slightly brown.
3. Deglaze with wine and reduce. Add carrots and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook another three minutes over high heat.
4. Drain the pasta and toss with the carrots and ground beef.
5. Drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni