Rigatoni Pasta Recipe with Plant-based Chicken, Corn, Shallots and Brussels SproutsCurious about alternative plant-based proteins? This rigatoni recipe with plant-based chicken, corn, shallots and Brussels sprouts is perfect for those looking to test the waters.
1 box Barilla® Blue Box Rigatoni
4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 shallot, sliced
1 bag of plant-based chicken strips, diced
½ cup dry white wine
2 pieces of corn, kernels only
12 Brussels sprouts, shaved
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook rigatoni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté sliced shallot with half the olive oil for three to four minutes over medium heat. Then, stir in the diced chicken and cook for three minutes until slightly brown.
3. Deglaze with wine, add corn and Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and cook for five minutes.
4. Drain pasta, stir in the veggies and chicken and mix everything together over high heat for one minute.
5. Drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni