Mezzi Rigatoni Pasta Recipe with Pumpkin SeedsTo make this flavorful pasta recipe Barilla Foodservice Executive Chef Yury Krasilovsky simply used items he found when cleaning out his fridge. With mezzi rigatoni as his base, he created a simple and elegant pesto with arugula, black garlic and pumpkin seeds. And, last but not least, be sure to garnish this delicious meal with Parmigiano cheese.
1 box Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
10 arugula leaves
¼ cup black fermented garlic
½ cup pumpkin seeds, divided
½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, pulse the arugula, pumpkin seeds and black garlic, and then season with salt and pepper.
3. In a gentle stream, add the olive oil.
4. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, reserving and setting aside one cup of the pasta cooking water.
5. Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce and reserved cooking water.
6. Garnish with fresh arugula, toasted pumpkin seeds and grated Parmigiano cheese before serving.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Foodservice Executive Chef Yury Krasilovsky