Spaghetti with Squid Ink and Mullet Bottarga
It's Halloween and the last day of National Pasta Month, so it only seems right to have this unique thick spaghetti recipe for dinner tonight. Squid ink infuses the dish with Halloween-appropriate black coloring, while grated bottarga adds a salty, briny flavor that brings a distinct flavor to the dish.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Barilla Thick Spaghetti
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 pound squid rings
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons squid ink
4 tablespoons mullet bottarga, grated
1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with half the olive oil for one minute. Add squid and sauté over high heat.
3. Stir in wine, reduce to half and dilute the squid ink, simmer for one minute.
4. Cook pasta according to directions and toss with squid sauce.
5. Garnish with bottarga and remaining olive oil before serving.