Gluten-Free Lasagna with Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts
These days, people are following a wide array of specific eating regimens and avoiding numerous food allergens, which can making hosting Thanksgiving and other holiday dinners a bit of a challenge. Barilla’s Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne is made with a delicious blend of corn and rice, which makes it perfect for feeding your gluten-free guests. To cater to the vegetarians at your dinner table, simply skip the meat (or use a plant-based ground meat substitute) and create layers with seasonal vegetables for a tasty and nutritious lasagna that will please the whole family. Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagne
1 ½ quarts whole milk
8 tbs. corn starch
2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 butternut squash, shredded (4 cups)
1 leek, sliced into rondels
15 Brussels sprouts (whole)
1 ½ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated and divided
1 tsp. sweet paprika
¼ tsp. nutmeg
Sea salt, to taste
1. In a pot, bring milk to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, dilute the corn starch with seven tbs.of cold water and whisk into a slurry. Season with salt, nutmeg, paprika and one cup of Parmigiano cheese.
3. In a separate skillet, heat olive oil and sauté all the vegetables over high heat until browned and thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and combine with the “béchamel” sauce you just made.
4. In a 13x9 greased pan, layer ⅙ of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the pan and cover with three lasagna sheets. Repeat the process four more times.
5. Top the last layer of sauce with the remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 400°F in the oven.
6.Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes or until perfectly browned on the top. Allow lasagna to set for 20 minutes before serving.