Fettuccine Pasta Recipe with Mushroom RagoutNow, vegetarians can enjoy pasta with "Bolognese" sauce, too. Ground beef gets replaced with ground mushrooms, diced carrots and celery in this tasty vegan pasta recipe with fettuccine. Roman cauliflower florets bring the best aspects of their cruciferous cousins, broccoli and cauliflower, while adding an eye-catching splash of chartreuse. Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Barilla® Fettucine Rigate
5 tbs.extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 small carrot, diced
1 small stalk celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 lb. domestic mushrooms, ground
½ cup dry white wine
2 tbs tomato paste
1 Roman cauliflower, cut into florets
½ cup toasted almond flour
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Coat Roman cauliflower with 3 tbs.olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté carrots, diced onions and celery with remaining olive oil for about 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and cook until water evaporates, and the mushrooms turn slightly brown.
5. Then, add the tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
7. Then, drain and toss with mushroom sauce and roasted Roman cauliflower.
8. Sprinkle with toasted almond flour before serving.