Angel Hair Pasta Recipe with Baby Kale & Walnut PestoLooking for a simple, vegetarian pasta recipe? Look no further than this angel hair dish. For an easy homemade pesto sauce, simply blend walnuts, baby kale, garlic, extra-virgin oil and ice cubes together. Then, toss with sautéed cherry tomatoes and cannellini beans, and cooked angel hair pasta.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Barilla® Blue Box Angel Hair pasta
½ cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
3 cups baby kale, packed
5 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup Parmigiano
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups cannellini beans, cooked and drained
1. Bring one large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to directions.
2. Meanwhile,in a blender process garlic with walnut, stir in baby kale and 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil along with 4 ice cubes, process until pesto is formed.
3. Separately in a hot skillet sauté cherry tomatoes with remaining olive oil, stir in cannellini beans, season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta, toss with pesto, tomatoandbean mixture.
5. Top with cheese before serving