Al Bronzo Fusilli with Spicy Vodka Sauce
Try this delicious creamy vodka sauce recipe with Al Bronzo Fusilli pasta tonight!
There are many iterations of vodka pasta sauce. Some recipes remove the cream or the vodka from their ingredients. This vodka sauce recipe uses tomato puree, heavy cream, vodka, parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, and Shitake mushrooms. Vodka sauce pasta pairs perfectly with Fusilli’s coil-like shape.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Fusilli pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 10 Shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 20-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Meanwhile in a large skillet, add olive oil and sauté onion for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
Turn the heat to high, then add mushrooms. Brown for about 5 more minutes.
- Add vodka and reduce completely. Stir in cream and tomato puree, then bring to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Cook pasta according to packaging directions. Drain and toss with sauce, then stir in cheese and parsley right before serving.