Garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and chili are the base flavors for this creamy lemon pasta sauce recipe. The long, thin ribbons of the Al Bronzo Linguine flawlessly capture every drop of the decadent sauce. Cured Mullet Roe (Bottarga) is shaved on top of the pasta, and adds a beautiful texture element to this dish.
Barilla Al Bronzo Linguine is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo Linguine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon zest only
- 1 small lobe bottarga [cured mullet roe], shaved
- 1 chili
- Salt to taste
Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil delicately in a pan with the chili.
Meanwhile, cook pasta only 2/3rds of the cook time on the package directions. Drain and finish cooking pasta in the pan with the olive oil.
Make a garlic cream by blanching the cloves in boiling water and plunging them into cold water repeatedly. Do this at least five times and then blend up the garlic with 2 tablespoons tablespoons of olive oil into a smooth, aromatic cream.
- When the pasta is cooked add the garlic cream. Remove the chili.
- Arrange the pasta in the dishes and finish off with a sprinkle of lemon zest and ultra-fine shavings of roe.