This premium dish featuring black truffles and truffle butter is sure to impress your dinner guests. The crumbled Italian sausage pairs nicely with the decadent sauce and the Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta.
Barilla Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce canned black truffle, chopped thin, reserve liquid
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons black truffle butter
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, gently simmer olive oil with garlic; add black truffle and sauté for two minutes then add sausage and brown over medium heat.
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil then add cream and season with black pepper, bring to boil.
Drain pasta and combine with sauce and reserved liquid, finish with truffle butter and remove from heat. Add cheese and parsley before serving.