This elegant pasta recipe comes together quickly and with a few simple ingredients. Shallots are sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, and halved cherry tomatoes are seared with sea salt and cracked black pepper. The cherry tomato sauce, parmesan, and burrata is then tossed with perfectly al dente Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta, and topped with fresh basil, a drizzle of oil, and a dollop of burrata cheese.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 10-oz Burrata cheese, drained and chopped, reserve dollop for topping
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup basil, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sweat shallot with 2 tablespoons olive oil for several minutes, stir in cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sauté for five minutes, add 1½ cups boiling water and keep cooking over high heat for 10 more minutes until water is almost evaporated.
Drain pasta and toss with cherry tomato sauce over high heat.
- Turn off fire, fold in cheeses, basil and remaining olive oil. Top with a dollop of burrata cheese.