Al Bronzo Penne with Butternut Squash & Mushrooms
Savory Squash, wild mushrooms & rosemary pair perfectly with Penne Pasta.
Savory Butternut squash and onion are simmered in a hearty vegetable broth. Sea salt and cracked black pepper are added enhancing the sweetness of the vegetables. Half of the squash mixture is blended to create a rich luxurious sauce.
In a separate skillet, mushrooms are seared along with fresh rosemary and extra virgin olive oil. This dish is all brought together with Al Bronzo Penne pasta, fresh parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Penne Rigate pasta
- 1 small yellow onion, small dice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced, ½ inch
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chiffonade
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet sauté onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add squash and sauté for 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let vegetables and broth cool before processing half of the mixture in a blender until smooth; return to skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, sauté mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil and rosemary over high heat until slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper; discard rosemary and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with squash mixture.
Top with mushrooms and finish with cheese, parsley, and remailing olive oil before serving.