Elevate your dinner with this recipe featuring Al Bronzo Spaghetti. Fresh clams are sautéed in olive oil with garlic, and then steamed till cooked. The shells are removed and cast aside, and the meat is sautéed with leftover water and lemon juice. Barilla Al Bronzo spaghetti is folded into the sauce with extra virgin olive oil, lime zest and freshly cut chives.
Barilla Al Bronzo Spaghetti is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo Spaghetti pasta
- 3 pounds Manila clams
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup chives, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Drizzle cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, thyme, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place in oven and bake for 7-10 min. then set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat add remaining olive oil, onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook until soft, then add strained tomatoes, season, and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta well and add to the sauce.
- Add baked cherry tomatoes, half of the basil and mix well. Garnish with the remaining basil.