Pesto Pasta Salad with Avocado & Chicken
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 2 cups chicken breast, fully cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups sweet corn, frozen, thawed, and patted dry
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup red onion, slivered
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, chopped
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions, draining one minute short of required cooking time.
2Toss the pasta with olive oil and place on a baking sheet to cool.
3Once the pasta is cool, in a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the avocados; gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with avocados.