Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Blue Box Medium Shells
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crispy bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 425° F.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet. Roast in the oven until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy and remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and save ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add cauliflower and ½ cup of cooking water to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the cheese and parsley. Top with crispy bacon before serving.