Cooking Tip: Fall is peak mushroom season! This recipe uses cremini mushrooms which have a mild earthy flavor. The key to caramelizing mushrooms is to pat them dry after washing, and let them rest on a towel. Any moisture on the mushroom makes it more difficult to caramelize. When the mushrooms are done, their texture will be almost meaty!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Ziti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Marsala wine, dry
- 2 cups chicken stock, no added salt
- 5 ounces Brie, ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat butter in large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and caramelize approximately 4-5 minutes. Add turkey and brown. Add Marsala and reduce by half. Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain the pasta.
- Fold pasta, parsley and turkey mixture together. Season with salt to taste.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place turkey pasta mixture in casserole dish, spreading evenly. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.