Campanelle with Asparagus, Caramelized Grape Tomatoes & Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic halved
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel zested
- 1 teaspoon orange peel zested
- 1 teaspoon sugar in the raw
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 bunch asparagus cut on a bias
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shredded
1Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F.
2On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, orange and lemon zest and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
4Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
5Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté minced shallots with the remaining olive oil.
6Add asparagus and sauté for three minutes and season with salt and pepper.
7Drain pasta and toss with asparagus, caramelized tomatoes and top with cheese.