Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic halved
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel zested
- 1 teaspoon orange peel zested
- 1 teaspoon sugar in the raw
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 bunch asparagus cut on a bias
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, orange and lemon zest and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté minced shallots with the remaining olive oil.
- Add asparagus and sauté for three minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with asparagus, caramelized tomatoes and top with cheese.