Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 2 24-ounce packages French green beans, frozen and thawed (or can use steamed fresh green beans)
Smoked Almond Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- ½ cup smoked almonds
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ cup pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup parsley
- In a food processor, combine almonds, peppers, cheese, olive oil and parsley, pulse until just combined but chunky. Set aside.
- Cut green beans into 2 inch pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve ½ cup cooking water.
- Place pasta and cooking water back in pot over medium heat.
- Add green beans and pesto, gently stir and heat through.