Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Asparagus
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato, Diced
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Grated
- 5 leaves Fresh Basil, Julienne
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for Campanelle.
Bring a small pot of water to boil for the asparagus. CUT asparagus into 1 inch pieces, cut on the bias.
Cook in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and transfer to a bowl filled with ice water.
- Sauté garlic with olive oil in a large skillet until slightly brown. Drain asparagus and add to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook Campanelle according to the package directions. Drain, making sure to drain off all the water.
Combine Campanelle with sauce mixture. Stir in grated Parmigiano cheese and fresh basil. Toss well.